SSE Authorised Person (AP) / Senior Authorised Person (SAP) Duties.
Plant / protection Commissioning
Witness the initial manufacturer pre-commissioning on behalf of the customer to ensure that all pre-commissioning is carried out to the customers requirements and to best industry practice and standards.
Carry out primary commissioning of plant up to and including 132kV that is not covered by manufacturer on site pre-commissioning or where the customer has not witnessed the manufacturers on site pre-commissioning. Commissioning tests may include the following.
- Primary connection resistance test (Ducter Test) to include all bus-bars, isolators and earth connections.
- Primary injection of all Current transformers.
- Magnetising current tests (Mag Curves).
- Bus Bar protection (Bus Zone) balance tests.
- HV Flash tests including commissioning of VPIS phasing units.
Carry out secondary injection testing of all protection relays.
Overall Scheme Commissioning
Carry out functional testing of schemes from single 11kV feeder protection to 132kV primary substation schemes.
Cable Test and Fault location
Cable Sheath Testing
Sheath testing will include preparation of cable end for testing, provision of calibrated test equipment, carrying out test as per customer requirement in terms of voltage and duration of test, recapping of cable end using cold fit caps provided by customer, provision of a test certificate for each circuit section and all relevant safety paperwork required by the customer (risk assessments and method statements).
Cable Fault location
- Locate Cable faults on cable sheaths up to 132kV prior to connection to the network.
- Locate cable faults on HV cables connected to the network up to 132kV.